Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR) Series
At DF Automation and Robotics, our autonomous mobile robots (AMR) are designed to address intralogistic issues.
Our AMR solutions will improve your efficiency, and productivity while reducing operation and accident cost.
What is an Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR)?
AMR is a mobile robot that is able to understand and move around in their environment without needing an operator to oversee them directly.
This is made possible via sophisticated sensors on the robot, computers and maps that enable the AMR to understand, analyze and interpret their environment to function as autonomous transportation. They are intelligent enough to avoid obstacles and reroute if needed.
The most basic and popular use of AMR is for material transports. These machines can transport orders throughout a facility all day long effectively. In fact, they are excellent for maintaining workflow as well as freeing up human workers for more high value tasks.
Benefits of using Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR)
AMRs offer many benefits including:
- Increases productivity – With AMRs, workers do not have to spend time walking around to deliver goods. Workers can focus on more high value tasks.
- Lower labour costs – You need fewer workers to achieve the same (or higher) productivity when compared to manual operations.
- Increased efficiency – AMRs are not subjected to human errors or inconsistency brought about by absenteeism, stress, tiredness or inexperience.
- Increased safety – AMR can replace workers for high risk delivery jobs that possibly cause injury. AMR are designed as a highly responsive robot to work dynamically with their environment.
- Increased flexibility – AMRs route and task can be easily modified using NavWiz AMR software for any changes of delivery operation.
- Quick and easy to implement – AMRs can be deployed within an operation in about 1 to 6 weeks, or even faster depending on the number of AMR and integration complexity.
Autonomous mobile robots, or AMRs are industrial robots that are tasked to lift and transport materials and navigate themselves in a particular space. They are commonly used in distribution centres, production facilities and warehouses.
Autonomous mobile robots now operate with sophisticated software that helps them to determine best the best routes to fulfill their mission as efficiently as possible. They are intelligent enough to avoid obstacles and reroute if needed.
Here’s why you should consider using autonomous mobile robots for your facility:
- Safe: AMRs have sensors that enable them to avoid obstacles and change their routes accordingly.
- Easy installation: It is possible to set up a whole AMR operation at a particular location in a matter of weeks
- Flexible and efficient: Advanced software and controls mean that AMRs can easily be operated according to your needs.
- Dependable: Our AMRs are designed and built with quality materials and engineered with precision.
- Scalable: You can start with one AMR and add more to your fleet as your operation grows. Our fleet management system optimizes each robot and keeps all your AMRs organized.
At DF Automation and Robotics, our AMRs can be used in various sectors and industries including:
AMRs can easily be set up and used in factories for transporting raw material, in process parts as well as finished goods. Additionally, AMRs can be integrated with factory’s facilities such as ERP, WMS, doors, elevators, etc to perform complete autonomous and unmanned delivery.
Furthermore, AMRs can be paired with accessories such as robotic arms, lifting modules, trolley hooks, etc to assist with production processes. They can be custom made and programmed to perform different kinds of applications.
Warehousing / Logistics
Warehouses and distribution centers can be massive facilities. In fact some span over a million square feet! Using AMRs in warehousing operations is an efficient solution. They can do the heavy lifting and transport goods or materials throughout the space safely and accurately.
Because AMRs are easy to implement and use, they can be utilized in the healthcare industry for many tasks. They can be used to transport food, supplies and medicine within the facility. They can also be used in sanitation and disinfection.
At DF Automation and Robotics, our Healthcare Series AMRs include a Food Delivery Robot and UV Disinfection Robot.